Today’s open house schedule included five of the seven active listings in the Game Creek-Squaw Creek area. Located approximately 7 miles south of Jackson, this area is characterized by horse-friendly properties that average about five acres on rolling, sparsely treed terrain.
Just 20 minutes from Jackson, this area never ceases to impress with its open spaces, privacy and variety of homes. However, sales have been virtually nonexistent in this neighborhood as prices have not come down as significantly in recent quarters as they have in other corners of Teton County.
A look at the active, pending and sold listings since March 2006 in this area includes these highlights:
- Of the seven active listings, only two have seen price reductions. After 695 days on the market, a 3,448-square-foot home on 4.5 acres has been reduced to $1.075 million from $1.45 million. After 125 days, the least-expensive listing in this neighborhood, a 2,537-square-foot, 4-bed, 3-bath home built in 1980, has been reduced to $895,000 from $989,000, or just a bit more than 10 percent.
- The highest asking price among active listings is $1.995 million for a 3,330-square-foot home built in 2006. The highest recorded sale in Game Creek is $1.695 million for a 6,000-square-foot home in November 2006.
- The other five listings have been on the market for 37, 12, 169, 49 and 398 days without price reductions.
- The last sale in this area was at the height of the Teton County market in August 2007 (yes, nearly three years ago) when a 2-bed, 2-bath, 990-square-foot home sold for $995,000.
- A 3,648-square-foot, 4-bed, 4-bath home currently on the market for $1.25 million was the second-to-last recorded sale in this area, going for $1.545 million in May 2007. This is now a potential short sale.
- On the other hand, a 3,448-square-foot, 4-bed, 3-bath home currently on the market (and mentioned above) for $1.075 million sold for $950,000 in November 2006.
Contact me for a more comprehensive look at this area or to see how it compares to other neighborhoods within Jackson Hole.