Jackson Hole real estate statistic geeks rejoice! The latest in-depth market report produced internally here at Jackson Hole Sotheby’s has been released.
A good bit of the information contained in the 57 pages of market analysis presented at our weekly sales meeting on Wednesday morning has already been passed along here at Teton Realty Today or directly to my clients via my day-to-day research. But the compilation is much more powerful in its breadth and context. And it’s got pie charts!
Included are detailed looks at Fourth Quarter 2009, First Quarter 2010, May 2010, sales by area, sales by property type and more including data for Star Valley and Teton County, Idaho. Also included is information on sales not reported by Teton County Multiple Listing Service.
Please contact me for a copy of the entire report and I’ll e-mail you the PDF. Highlights include:
- May sales volume was up 166 percent and unit sales were double compared to 2009.
- Teton County Multiple Listing Service reported 11 sales over $1 million in May compared to seven last month and four in May 2009.
- Year to date there have been 40 sales over $1 million compared to 19 year to date 2009.
- Excluding commercial sales, year to date average sales prices are up 16 percent compared to 2009.
- Year to date, unit sales were up 130 percent and dollar volume rose 104 percent compared to 2009.
- 2010 unit volume jumped 172 percent compared to 2009 although 27 percent below 2008.
- Sales volume rose 88 percent compared to 2009 but is off 19 percent compared to 2008.
- MLS reported 22 sales over $1 million during First Quarter 2010 compared to 11 during First Quarter 2009.