Shoes off. Shoes on. Get in the car, get out of the car. Repeat about a dozen times in two hours, and there you have the annual Teton Village open house real estate tour.
Homes, townhouses and condos available for preview on Wednesday at the base of the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort numbered more than 30. The tour is set for this time of year so Realtors can familiarize themselves with the current inventory ahead of the ski season, but well ahead of Christmas and the height of the winter when these properties are rented short-term almost nonstop and nearly impossible to show.
Fortunately I was already familiar with more than half, but that left more than a dozen listings to preview for current and future customers.
My focus was on seeing or becoming reacquainted with the inventory of single-family homes. Several were in the “old” village, or the area to the southwest of the village core on steep streets including McCollister, Morley, Holly and Curtis. Two of Shooting Star’s cabins, which were built since 2005, were also open.
Five homes on Granite Ridge, located to the north of the village core, with list prices between $8.65 million and $16.5 million, were the highlight of the tour. With ski-in/ski-out locations and the finest architecture, materials and amenities, these homes combine all the best of Teton Village.
Currently, there are 73 active, full-ownership listings in Teton Village. Highlights include:
- There are 51 condos, 8 townhouses and 14 single-family homes.
- Teton Mountain Lodge has the largest inventory of available condos with 13, followed by Hotel Terra with 9.
- Four Seasons in Jackson Hole opened two of the three active listings available in this premier condo-tel.
- Two condos are listed below $300,000, including a 1-bed condo in the Gros Ventre building built in 1973 and a studio condo in Teton Mountain Lodge listed at $297,000.
- The highest list price in Teton Village is $29.5 million for a 23,250 square foot home on 10.63 acres. Suffice to say it is a fabulous home and is often mentioned as one of the finest ski homes in the nation. The home was not available for preview on Wednesday.
But wait, there’s much, much more! You may be asking …
What are the best deals in Teton Village? Which properties garner the highest short-term rental income? How many listings are truly ski-in/ski-out? Are there any building sites remaining in Teton Village? Will you show me your secret powder stashes when I visit this winter (yes!)?
Contact me for a closer look at Teton Village or a more personalized Jackson Hole real estate discussion.