When Shooting Star in Teton Village opened last week, all Teton County golf courses were officially open for the season. The golf season may be short in Jackson Hole, lasting until about mid-October, but it can definitely be sweet with four high quality courses to choose from.
For those looking for golf properties in Jackson Hole, each course is imbedded within a subdivision of the same name. In addition to Shooting Star, a Tom Fazio design built in 2009 and the most recent addition, golf communities include Teton Pines, Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis and 3 Creek Ranch.
Teton Pines offer the most residential options with 21 of the 36 active listings as of this writing. (Link is active for only a limited time. If it has expired contact me for an updated search.) Golf & Tennis, located north of Jackson near Jackson Hole Airport in Grand Teton National Park, has seven listings; 3 Creek and Shooting Star each have four listings.
Jackson Hole golf property highlights include:
- The least-expensive full-ownership options are townhouses in Teton Pines, with three listed just below $1 million. A 2-bed, 1,974-square-foot Garden Home built in 1995 is priced at $949,500 after 102 days on market.
- The median price for golf properties in Jackson Hole is $2.45 million, represented by a 4-bed, 3,688-square-foot single-family Teton Pines home on 1.33 acres. On the market 880 days with no price reductions.
- Shooting Star homes are priced between $4.2 million and $5.5 million for Jonathan Foote designed cabins between 3,321 and 4,105 square feet less than four years old.
- Teton Pines also includes the two homes with the highest list price. For $7.65 million you can be neighbors with Dick Cheney, for $7.95 million you can live a few fairways over in a 5-bed, 8,219-square-foot log and stone beauty.
- Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis is the oldest Teton County golf course, originally built in the 1960s. Accordingly, many of the homes are older and generally represent a lower per square foot price. Four of the seven homes are listed between $1 million and $3 million. However, three newer homes are priced between $2.15 million and $3.395 million.
What have these Jackson Hole golf properties sold for in recent years? Contact me for a comparable market analysis.
These Jackson Hole golf communities are surrounded by additional subdivisions that also offer proximity and often access to the facilities. Contact me for a personalized search of these properties.