Weather: The nearest clouds are in central North Dakota and about 200 miles offshore from Los Angeles.
Jackson Hole news links:
- An impassioned plea for pathway connector from Teton Village to Grand Teton National Park from the father of a girl killed by an inattentive driver, someone worth listening to.
- This year’s snowpack in and around Jackson Hole is at about 98 percent of average for this time of year.
- Four Seasons Jackson Hole maintains prestigious AAA Five Diamond rating.
- There will be a halfpipe competition at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort tomorrow.
Teton County Multiple Listing Service research:
- SOLD: 559 units in Teton County in 2013, a 30 percent increase over 2012. Sales volume totaled approximately $659 million, a rise of 10.6 percent.
- AVERAGE SALES PRICE in 2013 was $1.179 million, down from $1.386 million the year before.
- AVERAGE DAYS ON MARKET: dropped 6.6 percent to 322 days in 203.
- Bloomberg says the “outlook for future sales is not good, at least based on available supply of homes on the market which fell sharply to 4.6 months from 5.1 months in November. Rising prices are another negative for the sales outlook, up 1.3 percent for the median to $198,000. At plus 9.9 percent, the year-on-year rate for the median price contrasts sharply with the year-on-year sales rate of minus 0.6 percent.”
Do you have questions about Today’s Real Estate Facts or the broader market? Would you like a weekly email with recent listing activity for your target market segment? I am an Associate Broker with Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty. Contact me today for a personalized look at properties in Teton, Lincoln and Sublette counties in Wyoming.