Jackson Hole real estate activity:
- NEW: Pitchfork townhouse near Snow King in short-term rental overlay with 2 beds, 1,000+ square feet, list $434,000.
- NEW: Hidden Ranch 3-bed, 1,906-square-foot home on a quarter acre built in 1995, list $895,000.
- NEW: Crystal Springs 2-bed, 1,650-square-foot condo at the base of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, list $1.6 million.
- PENDING: Gros Ventre North 4-bed, nearly 5,000-square-foot home on 4.45 acres built in 1996 after 179 days on market, list $2.75 million.
- PRICE INCREASE: Commercial 1.4-acre property at the junction of highways 22 and 89 that currently includes Cutty’s Bar and Gables Motel after 542 days on market, was $4.85 million now $6.25 million.
Jackson Hole and Wyoming links:
- The big story of the weekend was Jackson Hole High School football team’s crushing playoff victory over Riverton, led by senior tailback Theo Dawson’s 489-yard, 5-touchdown game. The big story has not yet been reported in Jackson Hole, so here is the story from Lander, titled “Wolverines run over by big Broncs runner.”
- Today’s entrepreneurs are heading for the “Silicon Prairies” of the heartland, says Bloomberg.com. Low-cost towns like Lincoln, Nebraska and Salt Lake City and Lander, WY, allow for higher salaries. H/T Jason Kintzler.
- It’s snowing. Here are my three go-to links for Wyoming weather. The first is to the local radar for eastern Idaho and Jackson Hole. The second is to the western U.S and out to the Pacific. The third is to Wyoming Department of Transportation’s cameras atop Teton Pass, which is at about 8,500 feet above sea level (the valley is about 6,200 feet.).
- Roger Hayden, local photographer and managing director for Wyoming Wildlife Advocates, writes in the Casper Star-Tribune that much more can be done by hunters and wildlife managers to lessen the number of grizzly bear deaths in the state.
- Park City and Jackson Hole Mountain Resort both made big infrastructure investments this summer, which here in the Hole is highlighted by lift service to Sheridan Bowl above Moran Faces. Sure, it was fun as a hike-to powder stash for all those years, but the extra terrain will be welcome.
Do you have questions about Today’s Real Estate Facts or the broader market? Would you like a link to one of the properties mentioned, or a weekly email with recent listing activity for your target market segment? I am an Associate Broker with Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty. Contact me today for a personalized look at properties in Teton, Lincoln and Sublette counties in Wyoming.
“This is for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation for business. If you are currently working with a Realtor, contact them for additional information.”