Jackson Hole real estate activity:
- NEW: Teton Mountain Lodge 2-bed, 1,286-square-foot condo with valley views, list $1.2 million.
- PENDING: Town of Jackson Miller Park 1-bed, 530-square-foot loft after 141 days on market, list $385,000.
- PRICE REDUCED: Hotel Terra 2-bed condo after 676 days on market, was $849,000 now $799,000. Let me know if you want to see the rental figures and other key info for this unit.
- PRICE REDUCED: Town of Jackson 3-bed, nearly 2,000-square-foot home built in 1936 on a quarter-acre lot zoned AR, was $1.25 million now $1.1 million after 333 days on market.
- T.R. Pierce at Bank of Jackson Hole says interest rates “are unchanged this morning as investors begin the last week of the trading week cautiously. Stocks are down after a drop in Chinese industrial profits dragged down emerging markets and weighed on commodities prices.” BOJH offers a 30-year fixed-rate conforming mortgage at 3.9 percent.
- Meanwhile, Jeff Collins over at First Interstate Bank predicts “Volatility Ahead” as “The Federal Reserve succeeded in nudging up the Fed Fund rate up from near zero in its first interest-rate increase since 2006.”
Jackson Hole and Wyoming links:
- New Teton Lift gets a great review in Snowboarding Transworld, with a nice nod to the Backcountry Awareness Center and a lot of spot-on observations by Jackson Hole pro boarder Alex Yoder.
- How’s the skiing in Jackson Hole these days? Deep, delicious, delightful, and here’s the video proof via Unofficial Networks, which is unofficially becoming one of my more trusted ski news sources.
- Californians don’t always buy second homes, but when they do they choose Wyoming and Hawaii. At least according to this article on HollyWoodReporter.com..
- Wrangling over The Grove continues, with a story about the latest obstructionism from the Board of County Commissioners concerning the second phase of the 68-unit affordable housing project in West Jackson.
- News to me is that 20 percent of all ski resort deaths are from suffocating after falling into a tree well. Great report on this phenomena in Unofficial Networks, which is timely after a 25-year old died at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort on Tuesday in that way.
- Daryl Hunter opines in Casper Star-Tribune on the preservation of grizzly habitat in and around Yellowstone National Park once the species is no longer protected.
- Very thankful my friend Jackson Hole snowmobiler Mikey Soderling and his girlfriend Anna Pantone somehow survived being buried beneath three feet of avalanche debris on Teton Pass.
- Jackson Hole resident Hamish Tear writes movingly and educationally about his parent’s death and his introduction to Humanism.
Do you have questions about Today’s Real Estate Facts or the broader market? Would you like a link to one of the properties mentioned, or a weekly email with recent listing activity for your target market segment? I am an Associate Broker with Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty. Contact me today for a personalized look at properties in Teton, Lincoln and Sublette counties in Wyoming.
“This is for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation for business. If you are currently working with a Realtor, contact them for additional information.”