Jackson Hole real estate activity:
- NEW: Teton Village condo in the Nez Perce building with 2 beds, 2 baths, 1,092 square feet built in 1980, list $715,000.
- NEW: Town of Jackson duplex new construction with a total of 4 beds, 2,714 square feet, list $1.595 million.
- PENDING: Aspens 1-bed, 735-square-foot condo built in 1979 after 26 days on market, list $355,000.
- CLOSED: Schofield Patent 3-bed home built in 1975 on 3 acres after 107 days on market, list $1.75 million.
- CLOSED: Aspens 1-bed condo built in 1978 after 70 days on market, list $409,000.
- CLOSED: Teton Pines Garden Home with 2 beds, nearly 1,700 square feet, 1-car garage after 38 days on market, list $1.395 million.
Jackson Hole and Wyoming links:
- Fun remembrance of the tough transition in Jackson Hole during the ‘60s and‘70s to a year-round economy and community of ski bums by Mike Koshmrl.
- Planet Jackson Hole’s Jake Nichols envisions the future of Jackson Hole, and it ain’t as pretty as it is now.
- The question has been asked and debated for decades: Is the alluring Ferry Peak in Alpine finally about to be developed into a ski resort? The Sheepeater provides an extensive, irrefutable answer, which is ….
- Not your daddy’s “I went to Jackson Hole and did Jackson Hole stuff” article, as it features lots of whiskey, some wonderfully ill-advised Teton exercise and a refreshing lack of commercial plugs. Enjoy.
- Peter Kray gives us the top 11 reasons why … top-10 lists suck. You be the judge.
- But this top-10 list of Jackson Hole photos on Instagram in 2015 does not suck or take very long to check out.
- Interesting post by Geoff McAndrews regarding his skiing Pucker Face off Cody Peak, the sight of an avalanche fatality about two years ago. Geoff has been getting a lot of pushback from the backcountry skiing community. Yes, this McAndrews, who has a blog post on the Teton Realty Today wall of fame for the “totally BLOWING it” video, and who is a different animal altogether, and not in a bad way.
- Jackson Hole native Benny Wilson, founding member of the Jackson Hole Air Force, makes the list of top five skiers that ski bums would like to share a chairlift with. I was lucky enough to do so at least a few times back in the day …
- Grand Targhee added to a top-ten list of resorts in North America, deservedly so.
- Serious injuries can happen in an instant, and too far from the parking lot for comfort. Poignant essay on this reality that is always in the back of our minds as we get further and further away from safety. Wish I knew whose blog this is, but I also think it’s pretty cool they don’t put their name on all this cool content about the Teton backcountry. Anyone know who this is?
- Porter Fox once again presents the reality of a bleak future for the ski industry in the face of climate change.
- Grumble, grumble goes the Mountain Grumble, this time complaining about the plethora of planning and the paucity of doing by our current crop of Teton County/Town of Jackson elected officials.
Do you have questions about Today’s Real Estate Facts or the broader market? Would you like a link to one of the properties mentioned, or a weekly email with recent listing activity for your target market segment? I am an Associate Broker with Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty. Contact me today for a personalized look at properties in Teton, Lincoln and Sublette counties in Wyoming.
“This is for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation for business. If you are currently working with a Realtor, contact them for additional information.”