Today’s Jackson Hole real estate activity:
- NEW: Alpine 3-bed, 3,048-square-foot classic A-frame home with detached 4-car garage with unfinished apartment on nearly an acre, listed by Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty for $425,000.
- NEW: Rafter J 3-bed, 1,200-square-foot home on .17 acres built in 1991, listed by Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty for $649,000.
- NEW: Shooting Star 3-bed, 3,321-square-foot cabin built in 2010, listed by Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty for $4.5 million.
- PENDING: Ponderosa Village 2-bed, 644-square-foot condo built in 1976 after 48 days on market, listed by RE/MAX Obsidian Real Estate for $266,900.
- PENDING: Aspens Cove 2-bed, 1,428-square-foot condo built in 1990 after 70 days on market, listed by RE/MAX Obsidian Real Estate for $995,000.
- CLOSED: Teton Mountain Lodge 1-bed, 755-square-foot condo after 415 days on market, listed by Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty for $645,000.
Jackson Hole and Wyoming links:
- Amazingly thorough, detailed and fair summary of the housing challenge in Jackson Hole by Megan Barber on Curbed.com.
- “Today’s Nativists, Constitutionalists, Objectivists and the like are no different than Marxists were 100 years ago — wonderful at spouting crowd-rousing sound bites, but doing so in support of systems that are proven failures at running communities or nations.” So, so many golden quotes and observations in the latest column by Jonathan Schechter in the News&Guide, in which he identifies the “system’s” moving parts in relation to our housing challenge.
- Turns out “the middle of nowhere” is in fact in Sheridan, Wyoming, according the U.S. Geological Survey and as reported by Angus Thuermer in WyoFile, with a big help from local surveyor extraordinaire Todd Cedarholm.
- Casey Stout has a new title at the Jackson Hole Chamber based on her ability to crush just about any task that falls on her plate. She is now the director of projects and operations.
- Snake River Anglers is noted in Google’s recent report touting online success stories.
- Todd Wilkinson’s column New West is no longer in the News&Guide, but will be available more widely online. Last week he wrote about the global response to the loss of Grizzly 399’s cub of the year, Snowy, to a car collision.
Do you have questions about Today’s Real Estate Facts or the broader market? Would you like a link to one of the properties mentioned, or a weekly email with recent listing activity for your target market segment? I am an Associate Broker with Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty. Contact me today for a personalized look at properties in Teton, Lincoln and Sublette counties in Wyoming.
“This is for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation for business. If you are currently working with a Realtor, contact them for additional information.”