Today’s Jackson Hole real estate activity:
- NEW: Here come the work/live, commercial/residential properties approaching completion in West Jackson. A 1-bed, 2-bath unit with 1,295 square feet is priced at $659,900 and a 2-bed, 3-level, 1,526-square-foot unit is priced at $789,500, listed by Prugh Real Estate.
- CLOSED: Willow Park 3-bed, 1,152-square-foot townhouse built in 1979d after 31 days on market, listed by RE/MAX Obsidian Real Estate for $545,000.
- CLOSED: Teton Shadows 2-bed, 1,776-square-foot townhouse built in 1973 after 554 days on market, listed by Jackson Hole Real Estate Associates for $599,000.
- CLOSED: East Jackson 3-bed, 1650-square-foot townhouse built in 1995 after 129 days on market, listed by Jackson Hole Real Estate Associates for $695,000.
- PRICE REDUCED: Cottonwood Park 2-bed, 1,016-square-foot home oon .14 acres built in 1988 after 108 days on market, listed by Berkshire Hathaway Home Services for $565,000.
- My Jackson Hole Sotheby’s colleague Ed Liebzeit has won one of 5 “Good Neighbor” awards, a prestigious recognition from the National Association of Realtors.
Jackson Hole and Wyoming links:
- THIS JUST IN! The Wall Street Journal says Wyoming is still the state with the best business tax climate in the United States. “For the fifth year in a row, the Cowboy State will take the top ranking in the Tax Foundation’s State Business Tax Climate Index, due out Wednesday. “ Lead picture is of Mount Moran in Grand Teton National Park.
- Teton County Commissioner Mark Newcomb blogs about housing, opening with graphics that “median home prices completely detached from a community’s wage reality that drive an ever widening wedge between the haves and have-nots.” Yup.
- “Wilson Elementary School has been named a 2016 National Blue Ribbon School. WES is one among 279 public and 50 private schools receiving this honor,” reads the press release. Congrats to all teachers and staff!
- Resi Stiegler is getting ready for this year’s World Cup slalom ski season here in Jackson Hole with Rob Shaul’s Mountain Tactical. Check out this video on Rob’s Web site of Resi training. Should the world’s best short ski racers be worried about this 14-year U.S. Ski Team veteran? Very.
- Planet Jackson Hole continues its “girls can do it too series” with a cover story on women photographers who work as often outside the studio as in it, featuring among others Heather Erson McElwee.
- Tag along with the Huntress and the Poet, Gloria Courser, as she spends another day tracking wapiti in the Jackson Hole region. Spoiler: No elk, one grouse, one good story on this late September outing.
- Travis Rice is enjoying extensive international coverage with the premiere of “The Fourth Phase,” his long-awaited latest snowboarding film. In Men’s Journal, they say the Jackson Hole native and world’s-best snowboarder would rather be sailing. Also, Rice says he’s “just another dude who happens to snowboard good” in this UK Telegraph interview.
- #redtruckislove! #feedthearches! Bob Strobel and his Town Suqare Web cam’s 15 minutes of fame continue as NBC News has tapped into the “Rise of slow TV” story line.
Do you have questions about Today’s Real Estate Facts or the broader market? Would you like a link to one of the properties mentioned, or a weekly email with recent listing activity for your target market segment? I am an Associate Broker with Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty. Contact me today for a personalized look at properties in Teton, Lincoln and Sublette counties in Wyoming.
“This is for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation for business. If you are currently working with a Realtor, contact them for additional information.”