Today’s Jackson Hole real estate activity:
- NEW: John Dodge 6-acre building site, listed by Trinity Real Estate for $3.55 million.
- BACK ON MARKET: Teton Village 5-bed, 6,454-square-foot single-family, ski-in/ski-out home on 1.29-acres, listed by Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty for $7.9 million.
- CLOSED: Town of Jackson Brookside 1-bed, 450-square-foot condo built in 1992 after 225 days on market, listed by Cornish Lamppa Realty Group for $319,000.
- CLOSED: Teton Village Tensleep 1-bed, 760-square-foot condo built in 1972 after 141 days on market, listed by Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty for $399,000.
- CLOSED: Hotel Terra in Teton Village 2-bed, 1,239-square-foot condo after 92 days on market, listed by Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty for $1.05 million.
- CLOSED: Gros Ventre North 3-bed, 4,607-square-foot home built in 1992 on 5+ acres after 746 days on market, listed by Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty for $2.9 million.
- CLOSED: Town of Jackson duplex with 4 beds, 2,000 square feet total built in 1977 after 77 days on market, listed by RE/MAX Obsidian Real Estate for $690,000.
Jackson Hole and Wyoming links:
- Jackson Hole Magazine delivers a nice profile of friend and community treasure Mark “Fish” Fishman, which is a confluence of creativity with writer Dina Mishev and photographer David Stubbs delivering the goods.
- Two of Jackson Hole’s most astute political writers go deep on their analysis of 2016’s fascinating elections, both locally and nationally. In the News&Guide, the region’s most important writer, Jonathan Schechter, sees darkness in Trump’s election but remains optimistic about Jackson Hole’s ability to embrace positive change; in Planet Jackson Hole Jessica Sell Chambers has an even more foreboding message/warning for the days ahead.
- Todd Wilkinson interviews ethologist (studier of animal behavior) Marc Bekoff, who is hoping to close the “empathy gap” when it comes to the treatment of animals.
- BREAKING (not) NEWS! Wyoming skiers and snowboarders will have an even harder time proving a ski resort liable for any injuries if a proposed bill, the “Ski Safety Act,” becomes state law.
- Why good ski partners matter, by Sarah Carpenter in Backcountry Magazine.
- The SnowBrains.com Web site smells like fake news with its teaser headlines and prolific use of exclamation points, but they deserve your click because I can personally confirm that the Western United States has indeed been getting lots and lots of snow.
- Steve Kalin is retiring after nearly a decade as National Elk Refuge manager, and Kelsey Dayton of WyoFile has the story outlining his many accomplishments and those challenges that remain on the horizon.
Do you have questions about Today’s Real Estate Facts or the broader market? Would you like a link to one of the properties mentioned, or a weekly email with recent listing activity for your target market segment? I am an Associate Broker with Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty. Contact me today for a personalized look at properties in Teton, Lincoln and Sublette counties in Wyoming.
“This is for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation for business. If you are currently working with a Realtor, contact them for additional information.”