Today’s Jackson Hole real estate activity:
- NEW: Town of Jackson 2-bed, 900-square-foot home on a mixed-use-zoned .16-acre lot in downtown Jackson, listed by Cabin & Company for $1.2 million.
- NEW: Sublette Woods is Teton County’s newest subdivision with 4 new building sites of about 3.75 acres in Teton Village hitting the market at prices between $4.25 million and $5.5 million.
- CLOSED: Shootin’ Iron 3-bed, 2,572-square-foot home built in 1958 on nearly 6 acres after 142 days on market, listed by Berkshire Hathaway Home Services for $3.475 million.
- PENDING: Rafter J 5-bed, 2,43-square-foot home built in 1990 on about a quarter acre after 284 days on market, listed by Berkshire Hathaway Home Services for $895,000.
- PENDING: Multi-family property in East Jackson with three units on .17 acres after about 10 years on and off market, listed by Scott Shepherd Real Estate for $1.575 million.
- PENDING: Teton Village .57-acre building site after 678 days on market, listed by Jackson Hole Real Estate Associates for $1.26 million.
- The United State’s most expensive home is in Bel Air with a listing price of $250 million.
Jackson Hole and Wyoming links:
- The case for welcoming the ski bum into your mountain town is made by Megan Barber on Ski.Curbed.com in a well-researched and sourced article that includes links to even more stories about housing in mountain towns. Also a good description, in general, of the road I have skied, er, traveled.
- Ashley Robin explains why “we” ski, set to the tune of “My day skiing Teton Pass.” You had me at “It’s 6:30 am and my alarm goes off at full volume about 10 inches from my ear.”
- Ski Vegas, Baby! Ski Vegas? Must-read report from the Las Vegas backcountry (yes, there is a Vegas backcournty) by Doug Schnitzpahn in Skiingmag.com.
- It’s not just national politics that is a-changing, as Jackson’s populist new mayor, Pete Muldoon, and the new Town Council sets course for 2017.
- Jonathan Schechter, Jackson Hole’s resident economist and conscience, does go national with his politics but only, as usual, in an effort to move forward the politics and economics of Wyoming and ultimately the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem.
- A new guilty pleasure is JerryOfTheDay.com, a site devoted to skiers doing ridiculous, often touristy, things. Check out this guy with a GoPro who unknowingly goes off a 150-foot cliff, lands upside down, and barely gets a bruise.
Do you have questions about Today’s Real Estate Facts or the broader market? Would you like a link to one of the properties mentioned, or a weekly email with recent listing activity for your target market segment? I am an Associate Broker with Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty. Contact me today for a personalized look at properties in Teton, Lincoln and Sublette counties in Wyoming.
“This is for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation for business. If you are currently working with a Realtor, contact them for additional information.”