Jackson Hole and Wyoming links:
- Bookmark Wyoming Stargazing as your go-to source for all celestial things related to this summer’s Apoc-Eclipse Jackson Hole 2017 event.
- Powder Magazine runs its semi-regular nod to the Demo Derby, that annual race between ski techs from the top of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort using only undersized rental equipment.
- WyoFile’s Angus Thuermer reports on the first buffalo born on Wind River Reservation since the 1800s.
- Greening grass in the valley, deepening snowpack at altitude, at least until last week. Corbet’s Cabin atop Jackson Hole Mountain Resort was almost completely buried with snow that has fallen since the ski area closed on April 8 and there are no longer workers up there clearing the access.
- The podcast hooked us from the opening line: “I really didn’t have any pain when I died,” said Mike Connolly, who suffered a heart attack while skiing in Grand Teton National Park but was rescued by Teton County Search and Rescue, whose members arrived quickly, administered CPR and saved his life.