Jackson Hole and Wyoming links:
- Kudos to Garage Grown Gear, an online store for start-up outdoor brands, which is kicking right along in its fund-raising efforts, crushing its initial Kickstarter goal of $15,000.
- You bringing your jet to Jackson Hole for the eclipse? Going to be a cluster.
- Jackson Hole makes it on Fox News’ list of Great Cities to Watch Once in a Lifetime Event.
- Snowboarders will be prepared for the eclipse …
- Science Friday on NPR covers the eclipse like only they can.
- A few weeks ago a trio of climbers made news when they climbed the 13,770-foot Grand Teton twice in one day. Subsequently, local super-uber-mountaineer-Teton-stud Jeff Burke climbed it three times in 18 hours. Do I hear four?
- Speaking of Grand ambitions, Julie Heemstra has done it again, this time even faster. On Friday she rode her bike 25 miles from Town Square to Jenny Lake, swam 2.1 miles across the lake, then climbed to the top of the Grand Teton. Heemstra then reversed course, returning to Town Square 13 hours and 33 minutes later. The time is 3 hours faster than her previous best and not the record for the event, man or woman.