Today’s Jackson Hole real estate activity:
- NEW: Indian Paintbrush 3-bed, 1,897-square-foot home built in 1978 on 2.55 acres with guesthouse, listed by Prugh Real Estate for $1.325 million.
- NEW: Gill Addition 4-bed, 3,828-square-foot home built in 1968 on .17 acres, listed by Jackson Hole Real Estate Associates for $2.19 million.
- NEW/PENDING: East Jackson 3-bed, 1,769-square-foot contemporary townhouse built in 2014, under contract the same weekend it hit the market, listed by Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty for $998,500.
- CLOSED: Eagle Village in West Jackson 1-bed, 1,033-square-foot condo built in 2002 after 81 days on market, listed by Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty for $519,000.
Jackson Hole and Wyoming links:
- Outdoor recreation in Wyoming is a $5.6 billion industry, according to the study of a task force that will soon be released and a story in Wyoming Business Council. Also, recreation sustains 50,000 jobs, which is nearly twice that of the oil, gas, mining and extraction industries in Wyoming combined.
- Now that’s a public servant. Teton County County Commissioner Mark Newcomb is willing to risk his butt for the betterment of his constituent’s lives, which he says requires a lot less pain than when he did it for his mountaineering clients on some of the world’s sketchiest peaks.
- But don’t take his word for it. Take it from the fishin’ politician Paul Bruun, who has been a student of local elected officials for decades, as he describes a recent vote that required leadership.
- Todd Wilkinson goes deep, really deep, on the danger of Intermountain sprawl from Salt Lake City to Bozeman, Montana, of which Jackson Hole sets right about in the middle. This is an excellent starting point for anyone looking to understand the challenges, and opportunities, facing the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. After that, check in regularly with his nascent online publication Mountain Journal.
- The obligatory “OMG it’s dumping snow at 10,000 feet!” story that gets everyone stoked on winter, in September. And I like it. Since then it has snowed at least that much more.
- Best thing to happen to traveling to Jackson Hole by air in years: the Jackson-Denver shuttle for $39 by Frontier Airlines.
- After 20 years in Wyoming, Gloria Courser has learned to “fly” as she explains in this Casper Star-Tribune lifestyle article.
- Teton Gravity Research’s latest ski flick, Rogue Elements, dropped last week in Teton Village and has hit the road for a series of premieres. Here is the trailer. And here is the soundtrack.
- Local government response to Apoc-Eclipse Jackson Hole 2017 worked well, says local government.
Do you have questions about Today’s Real Estate Facts or the broader market? Would you like a link to one of the properties mentioned, or a weekly email with recent listing activity for your target market segment? I am an Associate Broker with Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty. Contact me today for a personalized look at properties in Teton, Lincoln and Sublette counties in Wyoming.
“This is for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation for business. If you are currently working with a Realtor, contact them for additional information.”