Another day, another real estate closing reported in Jackson Hole. At least that was the way June worked out, with 30 sales for a total volume of approximately $33.3 million, according to Teton County Multiple Listing Service.
Monthly sales in June were essentially flat year over year, with just one more sale than in 2011 (29) and a dip in sales volume of 8 percent from $36.4 million. Year to date, there have been 166 sales in Teton County, including 130 residential units, 28 building sites, 7 commercial properties and one categorized as farm and ranch.
Highlights from June sales include:
- Averages sales price was $1.1 million with a median sales price of $635,000.
- The high sale of the month was for a 164-acre ranch with a 5,000-square-foot log home located south of Wilson listed at $9.9 million that sold for more than 20 percent less. Originally listed at $15.5 million in 2010.
- Five building sites sold for an approximate sales volume of $5.7 million. Prices ranged from $300,000 for a quarter acre in East Jackson near the National Elk Refuge to $2.595 million for 11 acres in the Gros Ventre North subdivision.
- Only one sales price was not reported in June. Approximate sales volume noted above includes 90 percent of the final list price of $2.295 million for a 2.43-acre site in 3 Creek Ranch on the market for a whopping 1,169 days. Originally listed in 2009 for $3.2 million.
- Low-end sales have slowed but remained consistent with 6 sales below $300,000 and 15 below $500,000. The low sale of the month was $120,000 for a 1-bed condo in Town of Jackson.
Interested in seeing a list of sold properties in June, or for the entire year, complete with addresses and other specific information? Please contact me for a personalized Jackson Hole property search and the beginning of a research-based conversation aimed at meeting your real estate goals.