Of the 19 sales thus far in January in Jackson Hole, 13 have been for Jackson Hole properties closed below $1 million. However, average sales price remained well above this benchmark at $1.29 million thanks to four properties closing at or above $3 million.
Though premature, with a day remaining in January and sales for the month often reported several days later, a look at January 2011 sales already reveals an uptick in monthly unit sales from 10 in 2010 to 19 and an increase of 14 percent in sales volume to approximately $24.674 million, according to Teton County Multiple Listing Service.
Other highlights from a look at closed and pending listings in Jackson Hole in January include:
- The month’s biggest ticket, a 5,026-square-foot home on more than 15 acres of horse property in South Park was not reported. Final list price was $3.95 million, down from $6.5 million in 2008, and was used in full to reach figures above.
- The least-expensive property to sell was a Brookside condo that was listed for $255,000 after 71 days on market.
- A bank-owned Love Ridge unit on the market for just 21 days closed for a number more than 50 percent off the height of this market.
- The only building site to close was a 3-acre lot in Fairway Estates near Jackson Hole Golf&Tennis. Listed for $899,000 after 462 days on market.
- Encouragingly, of the 24 pending properties in Teton County, 10 of them are under $500,000. The high end will also see some strong closings in the coming weeks, with six sales pending between list prices of $1.995 million and $6.9 million.
Want the actual sales price for these units? Interested in the context of these sales in their respective neighborhoods and the overall Jackson Hole market? Email me at TetonRealtyToday@gmail.com for a personalized market summary.