In March, several longtime listings finally fell off the Teton County Multiple Listing Service after finding buyers, fueling a big finish to the first quarter of 2013 that saw significant increases compared to 2012.
No longer offered are these properties, which as a regular researcher of Jackson Hole real estate I had come to take as granted in recent years:
- A 4,000-square-foot home in Shootin’ Iron Ranches on market for 1,632 days, which dates back to Sept. 30, 2008, originally listed for $3.675 million with a final list price of $3.095 million.
- Teton Mountain Lodge unit 132 sold after 1,901 days on market, falling from an original listing price of $1.05 million to $459,000.
- An approximately 5,000 square foot home in Flat Creek Fishing Club on 7.94 acres and on market for 955 days. Originally listed for $3.495 million, sold in March for close to the final list price of $2.975 million.
- Another five properties sold after being on market for more than 600 days, including a 4,574-square-foot home in Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis that sold for more than $1 million less than its original list price of $3.395 million.
- Average days on market for all sales in March was just shy of a year at 362 days.
Overall, there were 38 reported sales in March for an approximate sales volume of $50.4 million. (This includes three unreported sales with a total list volume of $21.4 million. Total includes 90 percent of these unreported sales.). Unit sales rose dramatically compared to March 2012, when just 25 properties sold for approximately $26.3 million in sales volume.
First quarter 2013 also is dramatically ahead of last year, with the 93 unit sales 36 percent more than the first three months of 2012. Teton Village deserves much of the credit, with more sales in March 2013 (six) than all of 2012 through April 1.
March sales highlights include:
- Just two building site sales; one in Melody Ranch listed at $325,000 and an Owl Creek lot listed at $1.45 million.
- No sales below $200,000 and just three below $300,000, including one in Alta, WY, one in South Park and one in Town of Jackson.
- The top sale was a 6,600-square-foot home on 100 acres north of Jackson and adjacent to the Snake River, listed for $16.9 million. A high-ticket item to be sure but marked down from $32 million in 2008.
Please contact me to discuss the details of this post our your personal real estate goals in Jackson Hole.